Top Kitchen Trends Hot Right Now by Penny O'Brien, Baird & Warner Naperville
HOTTEST KITCHEN DESIGN TRENDS RIGHT NOW
1. Rumor has it, white kitchen cabinetry is on its way out, but they aren't going anywhere in 2022! We will continue to see more colors such as soft gray, charcoal gray & blue remains strong.
2. Quartz! Quartz! and more Quartz is dominating the countertops. Quartz is extremely strong & does not have to be sealed like granite. Quartz is evolving away from the all stark white & now is resembling marble or granite with veining.
3. Sinks are getting creative. First there was the farmhouse sink, now there are stone, copper & granite composite sinks. Cast iron is always a choice but is heavier & can chip. No matter the choice of material, BIG is in!
4. Let's talk backsplash! While typical subway tile is a great choice, bolder choices are becoming more popular. Backsplashes with metallic accents, contrasting colors & eye catching art deco patterns that were once only for flooring are taking over!
5. It's baaaaack! I'm not sure I'm ready for this one, but panel ready appliances are making a comeback starting in the luxury market. Let's watch this trend to see if it trickles down.
6. Lighting & hardware - Gone are kitchen knobs. The modern kitchen has 5' or 8' bar pulls. Matte black hardware continues to gain speed, but burnished bronze has been the darling for the last couple of years. Copper is just debuting on the scene. In light fixtures, mixed metals with clear glass is hot. Crystal & beaded lighting add pizzazz!
ABOUT PENNY O'BRIEN
One word that consistently comes to clients’ minds when they think of Penny O’Brien is “hustle.” As a Seller Representative Specialist, she loves meeting with sellers to discuss pre-market home improvements and guide them to make their home “showtime ready” when it hits the market. She strongly believes in professional staging and offers it as a complimentary service. With a reputation for “good-looking listings,” she helps clients realize a higher return and quicker sale. Penny says “Staging transforms a home from average to amazing”. Penny O'Brien Broker, Relocation Specialist and Negotiation Expert (630) 207-7001 • firstname.lastname@example.org